Nature for your stay
camping in Morbihan
In the heart of Belle-Île-en-Mer’s wild, gentle and unspoilt countryside, Les Grands Sables campsite invites you to enjoy some well-deserved relaxation. Enjoy the peace and quiet, smell the sweet scents of nature and breathe in the invigorating, iodised air of the Atlantic Ocean. Simply enjoy this gentle way of life at our campsite in Belle-Île, and let yourself be lulled by the sound of the waves and the melodious songs of nature.
AND ITS CUTS,
we’re offering you unlimited access to a well-deserved break.
EXIT THE POOL
AT OPENING HOURS,
we’ll let you know the tide times so you can swim in peace.
OUT OF THE CAR
AND THE TIME WASTED TO PARK,
we offer you electric bikes to explore the island of serenity.
Family camping in Belle-Île-en-Mer
Away from the summer crowds, you’ll love the tranquillity, simplicity and authenticity of our family campsite in Belle-Île-en-Mer.
Welcome to Les Grands Sables campsite, in Locmaria, for a relaxing holiday on the southern tip of Belle-Île-en-Mer.
Our friendly team, bike hire service, grocery shop, restaurant, children’s play area, etc. Because your holidays are precious, we do our utmost to ensure that your stay with us, alone, with family or with friends, is as pleasant as possible.All our services
Your seaside holiday in Belle-Île-en-Mer
If you’re a lover of the sea, of nature or of hiking, we invite you to set down your bags at the Belle-Île-en-Mer campsite for a moment of relaxation in this green setting covering more than two hectares, opposite the magnificent Grands Sables beach.
Located in the small commune of Locmaria, the site offers an incomparable lifestyle. At our seaside campsite, enjoy the simple pleasures of everyday life, breathe in the sea spray and let yourself be lulled by birdsong and the sound of the waves. Simple pleasures within easy reach, thanks to the proximity of your Belle-Île campsite to the Grands Sables beach, just 300 m away.
And discovering Belle-île from the campsite couldn’t be easier either! Our establishment has a bike hire service, with or without electric assistance, to suit all cyclists. Belle-Île-en-Mer is an ideal playground for cycling. More than 80 km of signposted cycle routes await you!Beachside camping
Our rental accommodation in Morbihan
At our campsite in Belle-Île-en-Mer, you’ll find a wide range of accommodation available for hire to suit all your holiday requirements in one of Brittany’s most emblematic sites. Looking for a romantic getaway? Come and take advantage of our special offer for couples at Les Grands Sables campsite in Belle-Île-en-Mer, at €45 per night for two people, on our two-bedroom mobile homes or comfort chalets in Belle-Île. This offer is valid for a minimum stay of seven consecutive days, in mid and low season.
New for 2024: we are now offering a freedom package, including accommodation, two electric-assist bicycles and a free shuttle service from the Palais landing stage. Offer reserved for stays for two people, on our standard accommodation, in mid and low season.
Do you prefer traditional camping? Our standard chalet and mobile home ranges are made for you! Would you like to enjoy even more amenities? Choose our mobile homes and comfort chalets! And because we want you to be even more satisfied, we’re now offering several Hekipia chalets to rent for 2, 4 or 6 people, which we invite you to discover without delay! Take advantage of the best rates on our rental pitches in Morbihan, and enjoy an authentic camping holiday in Belle-île en mer!All our prices
Belle-Île-en-Mer, a superb area to discover
Ah, Belle-Île-en-Mer, THE Breton site par excellence. At the mere mention of it, you’re already humming a famous song and letting yourselfget away from itall… And just as well, our campsite in Belle-Île-en-Mer is ideally situated, in Locmaria, to explore the hidden treasures of this pearl of the Brittany region from the eastern tip of the island.
Discover Belle-Île-en-Mer, a paradise island in Morbihan, 15 km from the Quiberon peninsula. There are a thousand and one ways to explore Belle-Île, but here are just two.
Must-see sites on Belle-Île
You’ll find a plethora of wonders to discover on Belle-Île-en-Mer. Among its many architectural treasures, you will find :
- The Citadelle Vauban and its museum, in the commune of Le Palais. This emblematic site of the island, a historic monument whose ramparts stretch over 4 km, dominates the port of Le Palais with its surface area measuring no less than 10 hectares. Not to be missed!
- The Grand Phare, or Goulphar or Kervilahouen lighthouse , in Bangor. At 52 m, it is one of the most powerful buildings in Europe! Brace yourself and climb the 247 steps for a breathtaking panoramic view of Belle-Île.
- La Belle Fontaine, or Aiguade de Vauban. This The reservoir, which once served as a tank for ships, can hold up to 860,000 liters of fresh water.
- The Romanesquechurch of Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption in Locmaria is a historic monument that you’ll have plenty of time to visit, as it’s just a stone’s throw from your Belle-Île-en-Mer campsite.
In addition to its many architectural treasures, Belle-Île-en-Mer has a plethora of must-see sites to marvel at:
- The needles of Port Coton. A veritable spectacle, this site created by Claude Monet is made up of a series of jagged rocks, covered in heavy weather with cotton-like “flakes” of foam.
- Pointe des Poulains and Sarah Bernhardt’s fort, a marvellous place of wild, unspoilt beauty, classified as a protected natural site.
- Jean and Jeanne de Kerledan menhirs, Sauzon. These two emblematic menhirs, whose legend we’ll let you discover, are the only survivors of a megalithic complex present on Belle-Île-en-Mer around 1800.
- the port of Sauzon, quite simply the most beautiful in Southern Brittany!
In short, from our campsite in Belle-Île-en-Mer you can enjoy a myriad of sites of national interest, breathtaking panoramas, wide open spaces, cliffs and protected nature (Natura 2000 site).
Belle-Île-en-Mer, an ideal playground for cultural and outdoor activities
Our Belle-Île-en-Mer campsite is ideally located at the tip of the island for a multitude of cultural and outdoor activities. During your stay at our establishment, among the activities to do on Belle-Île-en-Mer, you can :
- Take advantage of the 85 km coastal path and 2800 m ascent of the GR 340, the famous Tour de Belle-Île-en-Mer. This star-shaped route, voted “France’s favorite GR” in 2022, takes 5 days to complete.
- Take part in a widerange of sporting activities (golf, yoga, etc.), thrills (first flights, paragliding, etc.) and water sports of all kinds (sailing, surfing, etc.).
- Vibrate to the rhythm of Brittany’s festivals, including Lyrique en Mer in July and August, Plage musicale in Bangor in July and Belle Île on Air, in the heart of Bois du Génie, also in July.
- Treat yourself at one of Belle-Île’s many traditional markets. It’s an opportunity to discover local craftsmanship, as well as Brittany’s renowned gastronomy and specialties.
Not forgetting, of course, the unmissable Niniches and other salted butter caramels, a must-have confectionery in Belle-Île-en-Mer, Carnac and Quiberon since 1946. These typical lollipops, made by Maison d’Armorine, will delight the palates of young and old alike!
If you’re looking for a quiet, well-placed campsite with friendly managers who are always there to help guests, then you’ve come to the right place. Our daughter had the opportunity to play with their children, and we were able to chat with a Franco-Swiss couple over a few fresh, local beers sold at reception, accompanied by pizza made fresh by the manager! We’ll be back in a few weeks because we’ve fallen in love with your island.
Thanks again for everything you do 🍀
We spent a week at the end of June and were made very welcome in a cabin. A very comfortable campsite, in a peaceful natural setting, clean and close to the largest and most beautiful beach on the island! It was great, for a very reasonable price (€40 per night for 2). Thank you and have a great summer!
A peaceful campsite in the heart of nature, with lovely owners who go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. Just 2 minutes from one of the island’s most beautiful beaches. The hardest part is leaving
A perfect camping holiday on a beautiful island. We found it clean, very quiet and well located. The staff were super friendly. We know where to return and we recommend it!
How do I get to the campsite?
Drive to Quiberon, then take the boat to Le Palais, Belle-Île’s main port. You can then take a cab or bus back to the campsite.
When is the campsite open?
Our campsite is open from 13 April to 7 September 2024.
Are bicycles available for hire?
Yes, we offer a wide range of classic and electric-assist bicycles for hire. Ask at reception for details.
Can I bring my pets?
Yes, pets (except category 1 and 2 dogs) are allowed on pitches (1 per pitch). Ask at reception for details.